[openstack-dev] [oslo] Sample config file location inconsistency

Zhongyue Luo zhongyue.nah at intel.com
Tue Jun 25 03:03:34 UTC 2013

Hi team

I'm currently trying to move the generate_sample.sh script in nova to oslo.

Before pushing the patch to gerrit, I wanted to give the output directory a
default value if it was not stated so I was wondering where projects put
their sample config file at and did this:

find . -name "*.conf*" ! -path "*.tox*" ! -path "*.venv*" | grep etc

results:
./ceilometer/etc/ceilometer/ceilometer.conf.sample
./cinder/etc/cinder/cinder.conf.sample
./nova/etc/nova/nova.conf.sample
./swift/etc/swift.conf-sample
./tempest/etc/tempest.conf.sample
./glance/etc/glance-cache.conf
./quantum/etc/quantum.conf
./keystone/etc/keystone.conf.sample

You can see that ceilometer, cinder, and nova put their sample config files
on ./etc/$PROJECTNAME while the others put it on ./etc

So would this inconsistency be a problem?

IMO, ./etc/$PROJECTNAME makes sense to me if consistency is an issue.

Thoughts?

--
*Intel SSG/STOD/DCST/CIT*
880 Zixing Road, Zizhu Science Park, Minhang District, 200241, Shanghai,