[openstack-dev] [RFC] Remove nova plugins framework

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jun 19 08:20:30 UTC 2013

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> We merged a plugins framework[1] into Nova[2] and oslo-incubator[3]
> almost a year ago and AFAICT hasn't seen use beyond the two initial
> wikimedia extensions[4][5] for Nova.

I'd suggest to be a bit careful with that... It's a bit hard to tell
whether it's being used, since some parties may take advantage of this
plugin framework and we don't really know about them.

Maybe ask about anyone using those on the general ML ? Can it be
"deprecated" in Havana instead of removed ?

I also CCed Andrew Boggott (original author) to make sure he is aware of
this discussion.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)