[openstack-dev] Urgent PBR code reviews

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Jun 11 10:05:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11 2013, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

Hi Mark,

> I don't think the issue here is "people aren't reviewing fast enough",
> frankly. The patches are getting a pretty decent amount of attention
> from reviewers.

Hehe, then I'm just making sure the amount of attention doesn't
decrease. :-)

>   - I don't see a bug report for this:
>
>       https://bugs.launchpad.net/pbr
>       https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer
>
>     I've just dug about and found e.g.:
>
>       http://logs.openstack.org/32108/1/check/gate-ceilometer-python27/2657/console.html.gz
>
>       pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (requests 1.2.3 (/home/jenkins/workspace/gate-ceilometer-python27/.tox/py27/lib/python2.7/site-packages), Requirement.parse('requests>=1.1,<1.2.1'))
>
>     Is that the issue?

No, this is easy to fix, and while trying to fix it at:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32124/

I've ended with this problem first:

  http://logs.openstack.org/32124/1/check/gate-ceilometer-python26/2672/console.html.gz

Which I tried to solve by disabling our nova test, and then got into
this problem:

  http://logs.openstack.org/32124/4/check/gate-ceilometer-docs/1550/console.html.gz

Which I've no damn idea where it comes from.

>   - It's not clear to me what change in pbr caused the problem. Was it
>     the use of easy_install ?
>
>       https://review.openstack.org/31778

I couldn't tell, Monty might have a better idea. I already spent hours
trying to guess where these errors came from, and stopped right after
Monty told me it was pbr and it'll fix it. :)

[… not answering the other questions of Mark since I don't have the
  answers :-) …]

> I'm going to review the latest updates to the patches, but at a time
> like this we actually need the minimum possible churn and some clear
> thinking ... not super fast reviewing of a big stack of changes. What's
> the quickest and least risky thing we can do to get Ceilometer
> unblocked?

I'll be happy with any solution going back or forward, FWIW.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker * freelance consultant