[openstack-dev] TC membership evolution, take 2

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Jun 3 13:30:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/31/2013 09:34 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:

> hard.
> results.
> >>
> >> That's very much my feeling too.
> >>
> >> I'm actually pretty disappointed that some of us see so much danger!
> >> (Will Robinson) in the flat 11 model.

For some reason early in this thread I was definitely feeling "Danger, Will
Robinson!" for a directly elected 11 member TC.  The "danger" to me lies in
a popularity contest rather than ensuring representation for technical
decisions, plus I'd like some continuity. The six in spring, then five in
the fall, helps with that.

Let's fill in some details on the directly elected. I'd like to know who's
eligible to run and who's eligible to vote before backing it wholeheartedly.

Thanks,
Anne