[openstack-dev] [Heat] Multi region support for Heat

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Mon Jul 29 16:18:15 UTC 2013

On 29/07/13 17:16, Bartosz Górski wrote:
> I want to be sure that we are on the same page. By master template you
> mean a template that has only nested stacks as resources? Or also other
> types of resources (like single server) which will be created in the
> region where heat engine is located to which the master template was
> sent? I think it would be great if master template contains only of
> nested stacks as resources.

I don't think there would be a special case in the code, it should just
be an ordinary template. I think having only nested stacks as resources
in that template would be a good design principle for the template
author, but not something we should enforce.

> For each nested stack a context is specified
> (tenant/project, endpoint/region, etc.) and heat uses python-client to
> create all of them (even for those from the same region where heat
> engine is located). In this situation it will be possible to try delete
> created multi region stack using different heat engine (located in
> different region).

It's possible to delete a nested stack independently now, even though
they're created internally and not with python-heatclient.

cheers,
Zane.