[openstack-dev] Discussing Amazon API compatibility [Nova][Swift]

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Jul 25 23:36:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> If an external proxy (like AWSOME) is what you want, one of those
> already exists (at least for the EC2 API).
>
> http://deltacloud.apache.org/
>
> It supports EC2 on the frontend and the OpenStack compute API on the
> backend.  I'm not sure how using this compares to the EC2 implementation
> in nova, though.

I am sceptical of the external proxy approach as there is a lot of
state to maintain (uuid to id mappings for example) which is hard to
do right in a proxy. I like the idea of the AWS APIs being secondary
APIs within nova. However, its fair to say that there hasn't been much
work done on them recently.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia