[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Requirement] SQLAlchemy raises None, causes TypeError

Nachi Ueno nachi at ntti3.com
Thu Jul 18 19:48:44 UTC 2013

Hi folks

Sometimes, I got "SQLAlchemy raises None, causes TypeError"
This get debugging hard, because it hides real reasons.

It looks like the problem of combining eventlet and sqlalchemy.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9525220/sqlalchemy-raises-none-causes-typeerror

Latest version of sqlalchemy looks improved of this exception handling code.

The sqlalchemy version looks pinned to
sqlalchemy>=0.7.8,<=0.7.99.

Because we needed SqlSoup (see [1]),
However sqlsoup is no longer used.

so I would like to upgrade sqlalchemy, but
if the other project needs 0.7 version, please let me know.

[1]
commit cf54850d15b5ead0de2ffd536a2ecdbfed5f33ca
Author: Gary Kotton <gkotton at redhat.com>
Date:   Sat Oct 27 03:05:35 2012 +0000

    pin sqlalchemy to 0.7

    The sqlalchemy package 0.8.0b1 released on October 30, 2012
    removed SQLSoup

    (http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/changelog/migration_08.html#sqlsoup)

    Ensure that the SqlSoup import is still supported. A number of
quantum agents
    make use of this code to access the database.

Best
Nachi

    Fixes bug 1073555

    Change-Id: I78b27716c6e3eb05d874314f0bc544a917fd5853