[openstack-dev] Program Proposal: Trove

Michael Basnight mbasnight at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 20:42:13 UTC 2013

On Jul 16, 2013, at 12:49 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 10:37 -0700, Michael Basnight wrote:
>> Official Title: OpenStack Database as a Service
>> Initial PTL: Michael Basnight <mbasnight at gmail.com>
>>
>> Mission Statement: To provide scalable and reliable Cloud Database as
>> a Service functionality for both relational and non-relational
>> database engines, and to continue to improve its fully-featured and
>> extensible open source framework.
>
> Seems fine to me, but I'd see adding non-relational support as an
> expansion of Trove's scope as approved by the TC.
>
> I know we discussed whether it should be in scope from the beginning,
> but I thought we didn't want rule out the possibility of an entirely new
> team of folks coming up with a NoSQL as a Service project.

Cant disagree with this, because of the initial TCT ruling. FWIW we are working on some NoSQL stuff _in_ trove at present. Maybe i should bring it up at the next TCT meeting? Ive done a redis POC in the past and can show the code for that. It was before the rename and has a small ammt of bitrot but its something i can definitely show to the group.