[openstack-dev] Current biggest OpenStack gate fail culprit - neutron bug #1194026

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Thu Jul 11 15:28:51 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Dan Smith <dms at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > In the corner to my left, our current largest gate reset culprit
> > appears to be neutron bug #1194026 - weighing in with 62 rechecks
> > since June 24th (http://status.openstack.org/rechecks/)
>
> So, with some of the highest rates of patch traffic we've seen over the
> last couple of weeks before the H2 deadline, I think this is really
> becoming a problem. I think merge times are through the roof as a
> result.
>
> Since the neutron gate is not a full tempest run, I think we should
> consider making a temporary change. I know that turning it into a
> non-voting job is not a popular solution, and I hate to even suggest
> it. However, it's just a subset of the tests anyway and I think the

Well to be blunt, if there's not even anybody assigned to the defect and
it's significantly impacting
the progress of every other project.  I don't know that it's such a bad
idea.  The process worked, it
identified an issue, now it's known/understood however it's causing
significant turmoil everywhere else.
Are we gaining anything by having it continue to fail and do rechecks for
the next week?

impact is currently overshadowing the potential for regression