[openstack-dev] Current biggest OpenStack gate fail culprit - neutron bug #1194026

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Thu Jul 11 15:16:26 UTC 2013

> In the corner to my left, our current largest gate reset culprit
> appears to be neutron bug #1194026 - weighing in with 62 rechecks
> since June 24th (http://status.openstack.org/rechecks/)

So, with some of the highest rates of patch traffic we've seen over the
last couple of weeks before the H2 deadline, I think this is really
becoming a problem. I think merge times are through the roof as a
result.

Since the neutron gate is not a full tempest run, I think we should
consider making a temporary change. I know that turning it into a
non-voting job is not a popular solution, and I hate to even suggest
it. However, it's just a subset of the tests anyway and I think the
impact is currently overshadowing the potential for regression
detection, given the relatively small amount of coverage. Is this
something people would consider?

Of course, the other option is to try to skip the offending test if
we're running with neutron support, which may help. Since we don't know
what the problem is and it *seems* to be an issue with resources not
becoming available before a timeout (AIUI), I worry that this will just
move the problem elsewhere.

Thoughts?

--Dan