[openstack-dev] Openstack/Devstack + nginx + scalability

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Jul 9 18:28:48 UTC 2013

On 07/09/2013 02:05 PM, Geronimo Orozco wrote:
> Hi, I am very interested in scalabity and HA with horizon is there any
> effort to provide nginx to devstack(for start) ?

I'm not sure that devstack is going to be the best place to poke at
scaling concerns or HA concerns for horizon. (the best way to do  both
with horizon is to scale out behind a load balancer - there is no local
state)

It's possible I'm missing something though - is there another reason
that having nginx support in devstack might be useful?

> Where can I join to that effort ?

The TripleO team is certainly interested in HA and scaleout stories for
openstack - perhaps drop by #tripleo?

> I just joined to this
> blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-r-webscale

That blueprint is more about packaging requirements for ubuntu itself.