[openstack-dev] Guidelines for setting a milestone target for a bug?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jul 9 08:16:05 UTC 2013

Matt Riedemann wrote:
> I understand setting milestone targets for blueprints, but was wondering
> what guidelines/best practices there are around setting a target
> milestone for a bug?  Does it mean anything, especially if there is
> already a patch up in review for it?

The target milestone for bugs lets us build a milestone-critical bug
list that is reviewed during weekly release meetings and the milestone
publication process. It's useful as a tracking tool, to make sure things
we want fixed for a given date don't fall through the cracks.

I agree that if the bug is already in progress and with a patch
submitted, there is not much added value to add a milestone target,
/unless/ you need for some other reason to have the bugfix shipped in
that milestone and not later.

Hope this helps,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)