[openstack-dev] sqlalchemy 0.8 and Grizzly

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Mon Jul 8 08:11:01 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

I would prefer to avoid such things at this moment.

First of all we are using different wrappers around sqlalchemy in different
projects.
There is a lot of hacks and they could probably produce hidden bugs.

Also our db code is not fully covered by tests. So I would prefer to:

1) firstly use OSLO DB code in all projects. (this point is almost
finished)
2) Implement these 2 blueprints in nova:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/db-api-tests,
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/db-api-tests-on-all-backends
3) try to switch in Nova to sqla 0.8.2, if there will be no errors then we
could safely switch to it in other projects.

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic