[openstack-dev] sqlalchemy 0.8 and Grizzly

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Jul 8 07:53:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

Since python-sqlalchemy 0.8.2 has been uploaded to Sid, Quantum is
uninstallable there right now (see #715294).

I am wondering: what's wrong with sqlalchemy >= 0.8, so that it is
written explicitly in the requirements that we shouldn't use it? Is
there a chance that having such a version of sqlalchemy will make all of
OpenStack grizzly fail? What are the consequences? Would it be safe to
simply patch the requirements file and ignore this?

Thomas Goirand (zigo)