[openstack-dev] [OSLO] Current DB status

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 16:07:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 18:59 +0300, Gary Kotton wrote:
> On 07/01/2013 06:49 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> >> ok.
> >>
> >> can someone please clarify what the database status is in Oslo?
> > What apart from the oslo.config issue do you want clarified?
>
> Boris had concerns about the slave database support. He mentioned that
> the blueprint may be blocked -
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/db-slave-handle.

It's blocked in the sense that Nova can't yet use oslo.config because of
the aforementioned issue.

> This patch
> updates to oslo.config-1.2.0a2 - so it may address the blueprints
> blocking item.
>
> My concern here is about the process. I was under the assumption, and
> may be wrong here, is that if code is approved in Oslo the is can be
> consumed by other projects. Over the last few months we have had a large
> amount of database issues in Neutron and moved to the Oslo DB code to
> address these.

Yes, we've had (and continue to have) problems - no project has been
able to use new oslo.config features because of a series of python
packaging related issues.

If you're suggesting that e.g. the DB code in oslo-incubator should
avoid requiring oslo-config-1.2.0, that wouldn't help quantum much since
the dependency on 1.2.0 was added in order to enable behaviour that
quantum required.

Cheers,
Mark.