[openstack-dev] Welcome to the "OpenStack-dev" mailing list

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Jan 28 18:48:04 UTC 2013

Hi Arun -

Installation guides abound -- see http://docs.openstack.org/install/. You
may also look at http://www.openstack.org/software/start/ which points to
http://devstack.org, the easiest installation for a dev/test environment.

For a production environment, here's a page with minimum requirements for a
basic install that uses the Quantum project for virtual networking between
guest servers, with Ubuntu 12.04:
http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/basic-install/content/basic-install_requirements.html

While the "basic" naming may be a misnomer, it is a step-by-step,
straightforward installation guide.

Hope this is helpful. You probably want to post any follow-up questions to
the "openstack" mailing list at https://launchpad.net/~openstack as this
one is about the future development of OpenStack rather than offering
installation support.

Anne