[openstack-dev] Motion on Technical Committee membership for Spring 2013 session

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Jan 24 15:49:34 UTC 2013

I thought of one more concern I have here.

The role of PTL is backbreaking work for large projects. Wouldn't someone
(or their manager) be motivated to focus on TC campaigns and influence
rather than day-to-day PTL work with this narrowing scope of seats?

Seems we'd demotivate the behavior we need, day-to-day hands-on work by
technical leaders. We still need consensus-builders as well, but the point
of the TC is not to separate those roles (technical decisions and get-along
attitudes)

Anyone else see it that way?

Anne