[openstack-dev] [nova] VM diagnostics - V3 proposal

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 20 15:12:19 UTC 2013

On Friday, December 20, 2013 3:57:15 AM, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:56:47PM +0400, Oleg Gelbukh wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm sorry for being late to the thread, but what about baremetal driver?
>> Should it support the get_diagnostics() as well?
>
> Of course, where practical, every driver should aim to support every
> method in the virt driver class API.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Although isn't the baremetal driver moving to ironic, or there is an
ironic driver moving into nova?  I'm a bit fuzzy on what's going on
there.  Point is, if we're essentially halting feature development on
the nova baremetal driver I'd hold off on implementing get_diagnostics
there for now.

Matt Riedemann