[openstack-dev] [trove] datastore migration issues

Robert Myers myer0052 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:59:26 UTC 2013

I think that we need to be good citizens and at least add dummy data.
Because it is impossible to know who all is using this, the list you have
is probably complete. But Trove has been available for quite some time and
all these users will not be listening on this thread. Basically anytime you
have a database migration that adds a required field you *have* to alter
the existing rows. If we don't we're basically telling everyone who
upgrades that we the 'Database as a Service' team don't care about data
integrity in our own product :)

Robert