[openstack-dev] meeting times and rotations etc...

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Dec 19 11:28:19 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 04:28 AM, John Dickinson wrote:
> Another option would be to use what we already have to our benefit. Instead of trying to provision two meeting rooms (-meeting and -meeting-alt), use the various other IRC channels that we already have for team meetings. This would allow for meetings to be at the same time, but it would free up more time slots to be scheduled, and those time slots can be scheduled more precisely to fit the schedules of those attending.
>
> So what about cross-team concerns? We have the weekly meeting, and if that isn't sufficient, then the -meeting and -meeting-alt channels can be scheduled for cross-team needs.

I'm generally -1 to this. I idle in #openstack-meeting and
#openstack-meeting-alt, and periodically go look at what's going on. It
also means if someone pings me in a meeting, I'm likely to see it. This
level of passive monitoring on the meetings is I think useful.

If a particular team wants to take their meetings out of the main
channels, so be it, but I think the norm should be to continue to use
those channels.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague