[openstack-dev] meeting times and rotations etc...

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 10:17:11 UTC 2013

On 19/12/13 01:28 -0800, John Dickinson wrote:
>Another option would be to use what we already have to our benefit. Instead of trying to provision two meeting rooms (-meeting and -meeting-alt), use the various other IRC channels that we already have for team meetings. This would allow for meetings to be at the same time, but it would free up more time slots to be scheduled, and those time slots can be scheduled more precisely to fit the schedules of those attending.
>
>So what about cross-team concerns? We have the weekly meeting, and if that isn't sufficient, then the -meeting and -meeting-alt channels can be scheduled for cross-team needs.

+1

I was thinking the exact same thing while reading Robert's email. I
guess we should also consider new projects that don't have a channel
yet. Just as you mentioned, they could use -meeting or -meeting-alt.

Marconi's team has had several 'extra' meetings - mostly for
brainstorming about a specific argument - in #openstack-marconi. All
this meetings where announced properly and worked just fine.

We've done the same for Glance.

I'd like to add that, although I prefer keeping the meetings short,
there are times where 1h may not be enough and people end up using
other team's time or dropping the meeting. Using the project's channel
should help with this as well.

Cheers,
FF