[openstack-dev] [Heat] [Trove] [Savanna] [Oslo] Unified Agents - what is the actual problem?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Dec 19 07:28:16 UTC 2013

So I've seen a lot of really great discussion of the unified agents, and
it has made me think a lot about the problem that we're trying to solve.

I just wanted to reiterate that we should be trying to solve real problems
and not get distracted by doing things "right" or even "better".

I actually think there are three problems to solve.

* Private network guest to cloud service communication.
* Narrow scope highly responsive lean guest agents (Trove, Savanna).
* General purpose in-instance management agent (Heat).

Since the private network guests problem is the only one they all share,
perhaps this is where the three projects should collaborate, and the
other pieces should be left to another discussion.

Thoughts?