[openstack-dev] [neutron][policy] Policy-Rules discussions based on Dec.12 network policy meeting

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 19 04:02:06 UTC 2013

Please have a look at the agenda for tomorrow at
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Neutron_Group_Policy
It would be great if we could at least close on the following two items
tomorrow:

	1.	Converged model by allowing policies to have a destination group and
      a source group. Each of these groups can have one or more end points.
	2.	Minimum set of actions to support: security, redirect, (and possibly
      qos)

We don't need to be perfect and we can always revisit but if we agree on
these we can start thinking about a PoC implementation which itself may
lead to more design issues that we will need to consider and discuss.

Based on the discussions we have had, other items that we need to discuss
include the conflict resolution and also the capability to query a plugin
for supported actions.

Mohammad