[openstack-dev] Re-initializing or dynamically configuring cinder driver

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 21:52:23 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 3:08 AM, iKhan <ik.ibadkhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if this is being planned in Icehouse, if not probably
> proposing an approach will help. We have seen cinder-volume service
> initialization part. Similarly if we can get our hands on child process
> that are running under cinder-volume service, if we terminate those process
> and restart them along with newly added backends. It might help us achieve
> the target.

It's not in the plans [1][2]. Having the idea spec'd out in the wiki and
setting an agenda item [3] for the next meeting
can get things going though.

[1] - https://launchpad.net/cinder/+milestone/icehouse-2
[2] - https://launchpad.net/cinder/+milestone/icehouse-3
[3] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CinderMeetings