[openstack-dev] [Nova] Support for Pecan in Nova

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 12:55:12 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Doug Hellmann
<doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com>wrote:

> That covers routes. What about the properties of the inputs and outputs?

I think the best way for me to describe it is that as the V3 API core and
all the extensions
are written, both the routes and input and output parameters are from a
client's perspective fixed at application
startup time. Its not an inherent restriction of the framework (an
extension could for
example dynamically load another extension at runtime if it really wanted
to), but we just don't do that.

Note that values of parameters returned can be changed by an extension
though. For example os-hide-server-addresses
can based on a runtime policy check and the vm_state of the server, filter
whether the values in the
addresses field are filtered out or not when returning information about a
server. This isn't a new thing in the
V3 API though, it already existed in the V2 API.

Chris