[openstack-dev] Unified Guest Agent proposal

Dmitry Mescheryakov dmescheryakov at mirantis.com
Fri Dec 13 20:01:01 UTC 2013

Still, what about one more server process users will have to run? I see
unified agent as library which can be easily adopted by both exiting and
new OpenStack projects. The need to configure and maintain Salt server
process is big burden for end users. That idea will definitely scare off
adoption of the agent. And at the same time what are the gains of having
that server process? I don't really see to many of them.