[openstack-dev] [Nova][Cells] compute api and objects

Chris Behrens cbehrens at codestud.com
Tue Dec 10 23:21:31 UTC 2013

On Dec 9, 2013, at 2:58 PM, Sam Morrison <sorrison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to fix up some cells issues related to objects. Do all compute api methods take objects now?
> cells is still sending DB objects for most methods (except start and stop) and I know there are more than that.
>
> Eg. I know lock/unlock, shelve/unshelve take objects, I assume there are others if not all methods now?

I don't think all of them do.  As the compute API methods were changing, we were changing the cells code at the same time to not use the generic 'call_compute_api_method' RPC call.

It's possible some got missed, however.  And in fact, it does look like this is the case.  The shelve calls appear to be example of where things were converted, but the cells code was forgotten.  :-/

We'll want to implement new RPC calls in nova/cells/rpcapi that are compatible with the compute_rpcapi calls that are normally used.  And then add the appropriate code in nova/cells/manager.py and nova/cells/messaging.py.

I can help fix this all up.  I guess we'll want to find and file bugs for all of these.  It appears you've got a bug filed for unlock… (lock would also be broken, I would think).

- Chris