[openstack-dev] [Nova][Cells] compute api and objects

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 10 21:53:36 UTC 2013

On Monday, December 09, 2013 4:58:31 PM, Sam Morrison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to fix up some cells issues related to objects. Do all compute api methods take objects now?
> cells is still sending DB objects for most methods (except start and stop) and I know there are more than that.
>
> Eg. I know lock/unlock, shelve/unshelve take objects, I assume there are others if not all methods now?
>
> Cheers,
> Sam

I don't know the answer about cells, but posting a few bugs you've
opened on the topic:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1251043
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1257168

As for "Do all compute api methods take objects now?", I believe the
answer is 'no'.  There are still some objects blueprints in the works.
Here is a big one:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/compute-manager-objects

Matt Riedemann