[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] [Rally] Does Ceilometer affect instance creation?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Dec 10 14:59:09 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 10 2013, Nadya Privalova wrote:

> Yes, I use the same SQL for Nova and Ceilometer. Thanks for pointing this
> out. My bad, I didn't take it into account. So if we want to use Ceilometer
> + MySQL in production (in theory :) ) we need to use separate controllers
> with Ceilometer's MySQL only. And each controller may run it's own
> collector which will write data into "local" MySQL.

That sounds like a good start indeed. With such a setup, I'd be surprise
there's much slow down on Nova.

> Am I right that only
> one instance of central-agent may be started (WIP
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ceilometer/blueprints/tasks-distribution)?

Yes, we'll work on improving that for Icehouse.

> Please Julien correct me if I'm wrong. And maybe Ceilometer has
> recommendations for production deployment and I just missed it?

There's no recommendation per-say, except what we added on the
documentation so far.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; independent consultant