[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] [Rally] Does Ceilometer affect instance creation?

Nadya Privalova nprivalova at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 10 14:47:48 UTC 2013

Julien,

Yes, I use the same SQL for Nova and Ceilometer. Thanks for pointing this
out. My bad, I didn't take it into account. So if we want to use Ceilometer
+ MySQL in production (in theory :) ) we need to use separate controllers
with Ceilometer's MySQL only. And each controller may run it's own
collector which will write data into "local" MySQL. Am I right that only
one instance of central-agent may be started (WIP
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ceilometer/blueprints/tasks-distribution)?
Please Julien correct me if I'm wrong. And maybe Ceilometer has
recommendations for production deployment and I just missed it?