[openstack-dev] [qa][keystone] Keystoneclient tests to tempest

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 9 17:18:18 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-09 11:07:50 -0600 (-0600), Brant Knudson wrote:
[...]
> Is testing multiple versions of keystoneclient actually worth it?
> If the other projects don't feel the need for this then why does
> Keystone? It's actually caught problems so it's proved useful to
> Keystone, and we're making changes to the client so this type of
> testing seems important, but maybe it's not useful enough to
> continue to do the multiple version testing. If we're going to
> support backwards compatibility we should test it.
[...]

Well, at a minimum we should be testing both that the tip of master
for the client works with servers, and also that the tip of
server branches (master, stable/x, stable/y)  work with the latest
released version of the client. There are already plans in motion to
solve this in integration testing for all clients, because not doing
so allows us to break ourselves in unfortunate ways.
--
Jeremy Stanley