[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Icehouse Requirements

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 09:29:41 UTC 2013

On 2013/06/12 22:55, Matt Wagner wrote:
>> - As an infrastructure administrator, Anna wants to review the
>> distribution of the nodes that she has assigned before kicking off
>> the "Deploy" task.
> What does she expect to see here on the review screen that she didn't
> see on the previous screens, if anything? Is this just a summation, or
> is she expecting to see things like which node will get which role? (I'd
> argue for the former; I don't know that we can predict the latter.)
At the beginning, just summation. Later (when we have nova-scheduler
reservation) we can get the real distribution of which node is taking
which role.

>> - As an infrastructure administrator, Anna wants to monitor the
>> deployment process of all of the nodes that she has assigned.
> I think there's an implied "...through the UI" here, versus tailing log
> files to watch state. Does she just expect to see states like "Pending",
> "Deploying", or "Finished", versus, say, having the full logs shown in
> the UI? (I'd vote 'yes'.)
For simplified view - yes, only change of states and progress bar.
However log should be available.

>> - As an infrastructure administrator, Anna needs to be able to
>> troubleshoot any errors that may occur during the deployment of nodes
>> process.
> I'm not sure that the "...through the UI" implication I mentioned above
> extends here. (IMHO) I assume that if things fail, Anna might be okay
> with us showing a message that $foo failed on $bar, and she should try
> looking in /var/log/$baz for full details. Does that seem fair? (At
> least early on.)
As said above, for simplified views, it is ok to say $foo failed on
$bar, but she should be able to track the problem - logs section in the UI.

>> - As an infrastructure administrator, Anna wants to be able to view
>> the history of nodes that have been in a deployment.
> Why does she want to view history of past nodes?
>
> Note that I'm not arguing against this; it's just not abundantly clear
> to me what she'll be using this information for. Does she want a history
> to check off an "Audit log" checkbox, or will she be looking to extract
> certain data from this history?
Short answer is Graphs - history of utilization of the class etc.

-- Jarda