[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Icehouse Requirements

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Dec 7 01:25:13 UTC 2013

On 7 December 2013 10:55, Matt Wagner <matt.wagner at redhat.com> wrote:

> The 'management node' here is the undercloud node that Anna is
> interacting with, as I understand it. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
> So it's not a bad idea to show its status, but I guess the mere fact
> that she's using it will indicate that it's operational.

There are potentially many such nodes, and Anna will be interacting
with some of them; I don't think we can make too many assumptions
about what the UI working implies.

>> - As an infrastructure administrator, Anna needs to be able to
>> troubleshoot any errors that may occur during the deployment of nodes
>> process.
>
> I'm not sure that the "...through the UI" implication I mentioned above
> extends here. (IMHO) I assume that if things fail, Anna might be okay
> with us showing a message that $foo failed on $bar, and she should try
> looking in /var/log/$baz for full details. Does that seem fair? (At
> least early on.)

I don't think we necessarily need to do anything here other than make
sure the system is a) well documented and b) Anna has all the normal
sysadmin access to the infrastructure. Her needs can be met by us
getting out of the way gracefully; at least in the short term.

-Rob