[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Questions around Development Process

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri Dec 6 19:56:52 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Tzu-Mainn Chen's message of 2013-12-06 07:37:20 -0800:
> Hey all,
>
> We're starting to work on the UI for tuskar based on Jarda's wireframes, and as we're doing so, we're realizing that
> we're not quite sure what development methodology is appropriate.  Some questions:
>
> a) Because we're essentially doing a tear-down and re-build of the whole architecture (a lot of the concepts in tuskar
> will simply disappear), it's difficult to do small incremental patches that support existing functionality.  Is it okay
> to have patches that break functionality?  Are there good alternatives?

I think Tuskar is early enough in its' life cycle that it has reached
that magical "plan to throw one away" point where you can actually do
this without disrupting anybody except yourselves, which actually sounds
valuable in this case since you have chosen a different course.