[openstack-dev] [Solumn] Suggestion about usage of mailing lists

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Wed Dec 4 23:16:21 UTC 2013

Boris,

On Dec 4, 2013, at 2:53 PM, Boris Pavlovic <bpavlovic at mirantis.com<mailto:bpavlovic at mirantis.com>>
 wrote:

All,

Thank you guys for your opinion.

As a conclusion of this thread, I think that I shouldn't hesitate to raise all discussion about Rally in mailing list also.. Right?

Yes, if your team feels that it would benefit from using the ML for collaboration, then thou should use it. If you prefer to use other tools, you can do that too.

Adrian

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net<mailto:robertc at robertcollins.net>> wrote:
On 5 December 2013 11:39, Boris Pavlovic <bpavlovic at mirantis.com<mailto:bpavlovic at mirantis.com>> wrote:
> Russell,
>
> Actually what I said is not only related to Solumn or any other project.
>
> Main "idea" of it was that, well structured etherpads are much better
> instrument for such discussions.
>
> Do you disagree with this also?

I disagree with it.

I think /discussion/ in a mailing list is a great way to get broad input.
IRC gets narrow - whoever is on at the time - input
etherpads get very little input *unless* you reach out over IRC and
lists to get the input

Etherpads are very good for *assembling* the result of discussions and
debugging plans and so forth.

Wiki pages are great for doing adhoc manuals and living
google-searchable reference material.

IMNSHO.

-Rob

--