[openstack-dev] [oslo] maintenance policy for code graduating from the incubator

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 14:25:38 UTC 2013

On 02/12/13 09:06 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
>On 12/02/2013 08:53 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>So, to clarify, possible flows would be:
>
>1) An API moving to a library as-is, like rootwrap

>   -> Code removed from oslo-incubator once library is released

We should make the module print a deprecation warning which would be
more like a 'transition' warning. So that people know the module is
being moved to it's own package.

>2) An API being replaced with a better one, like rpc being replaced by
>oslo.messaging

>   -> Code removed from oslo-incubator once all integrated projects have
>been migrated off of the obsolete code

We've a deprecated package in oslo-incubator. It may complicate things
a bit but, moving obsolete packages there may make sense. I'd also
update the module - or package - and make it print a deprecation
warning.

FF

--
@flaper87