[openstack-dev] [Nova] Frustrations with review wait times

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Aug 28 02:45:26 UTC 2013

[Concerns over review wait times in the nova project]

I think that we're also seeing the fact that nova-core's are also
developers. nova-core members have the same feature freeze deadline,
and that means that to a certain extent we need to stop reviewing in
order to get our own code ready by the deadline.

The strength of nova-core is that its members are active developers,
so I think a "reviewer caste" would be a mistake. I am also not saying
that nova-core should get different deadlines (although more leniency
with exceptions would be nice).

So, I think lower review rates around deadlines are just a fact of life.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia