[openstack-dev] Incubation Request: Marconi

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 07:16:48 UTC 2013

On 26/08/13 15:34 -0500, Anne Gentle wrote:
>Hi Kurt,
>
>There's a thread that John Griffith started about 3rd party storage drivers,
>where the code lives, how to review, how to ensure quality and maintenance, see
>http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-July/012557.html.
>
>It won't answer all your questions but gives you an idea of pluggable
>architecture and maintenance.
>Anne

Hey Anne,

Thanks for pointing that out.

We'd like to have a set of "core" drivers and let other drivers live
outside Marconi's code base. We're currently using stevedore, which
makes this possible and very easy.

That being said, we'll also need, as John mentioned in that thread, a
way to qualify external drivers and maybe have them listed in a file -
or linked as submodules - so that users know which ones are supposed
to work with current version.

Cheers,
FF

--