[openstack-dev] Incubation Request: Marconi

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Aug 26 20:35:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Kurt Griffiths <
kurt.griffiths at rackspace.com> wrote:

> > existing MB - we've plan to use rabbit, proton and other
> > technologies as storage backend.
>
> I'd love to get everyone's thoughts on how many/what kinds of transport
> and storage drivers should be part of the project directly vs. maintained
> independently as "3rd-party" drivers. How do other projects handle this?

Hi Kurt,

There's a thread that John Griffith started about 3rd party storage drivers,
where the code lives, how to review, how to ensure quality and maintenance,
seehttp://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-July/012557.html.

It won't answer all your questions but gives you an idea of pluggable
architecture and maintenance for Block Storage.
Anne