[openstack-dev] [Infra] We've launched git.openstack.org

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Fri Aug 23 21:48:46 UTC 2013

Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
> <lyz at princessleia.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Several months ago the OpenStack Infrastructure team filed a bug to
>> "Create a git.openstack.org mirror system"[0]
>
> Does git.openstack.org replace git hub for developers cloning
> repositories? Or is it just a mirror of the content at github?

You can use either one.  We will continue to mirror all of the
repositories to github as well as git.openstack.org.

Since the use of github is not required for OpenStack development, we
now have the option to have instructions for new developers that don't
have a potentially confusing reference to github (which sometimes causes
people to wonder why they can't submit a pull request there).  For that
reason, we just changed a bunch of references in the infra program
documentation to point to the new git server.

The github repos are useful for a lot of developers and we don't have
any plans to stop mirroring there.

-Jim

[1] http://ci.openstack.org/