[openstack-dev] [Infra] We've launched git.openstack.org

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Fri Aug 23 21:45:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
> <lyz at princessleia.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Several months ago the OpenStack Infrastructure team filed a bug to
>> "Create a git.openstack.org mirror system"[0]
>
> Does git.openstack.org replace git hub for developers cloning
> repositories? Or is it just a mirror of the content at github?

The repositories on github are actually just a mirror of the canonical
repositories on review.openstack.org. Replication from
review.openstack.org to git.openstack.org servers is pretty much
identical the the replication that is done from review.openstack.org
to github. This will continue for the foreseeable future because it's
valuable to have the repos be discoverable on github.

The Infra team has already updated most of our clones from github to
use git.openstack.org instead and it would be nice to see other
projects do this too.

http://www.princessleia.com