[openstack-dev] Skipping tests in tempest via config file

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Aug 14 20:47:41 UTC 2013

On 15 August 2013 04:35, Alexius Ludeman <lex at lexinator.com> wrote:

> I am running tempest on OEL 6.3 (aka RHEL 6.3) and I had issues with
> python 2.6 and skipException[3], so now I'm using python 2.7 just for
> tempest.  I also had difficulty with yum and python module dependency and
> made the transition to venv.  This has reduced the yum dependency nightmare
> greatly.
>
> now that testr is default for tempest.  testr does not appear to support
> --exclusion[1] or --stop[2].
>
> I have a work around for --exclusion, by:
>
> testr list-tests | egrep -v regex-exclude-list > unit-tests.txt

Thats a decent workaround if the regex is too hard to work with; and I do
acknowledge that some folk find that. However the tempest pattern is very
simple - just add (?!.*ThingToExclude) to the front of the pattern.

> testr run --load-list unit-tests.txt

testr can't support --stop in the same way as nose because it's a
meta-runner, not a runner. However subunit.run, like testtools.run, like
unittest supports --failfast (or -f).

So
testr run --load-list unit-tests.txt -- -f
will run single-worker and cause that worker to stop one a single failure
occurs.

I'm very open to the idea of cancelling other workers once a failure is
detected in parallel mode, if someone wants to work on a patch.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist