[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Question about get_meters query using a JOIN

Thomas Maddox thomas.maddox at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Aug 13 13:12:18 UTC 2013

Hey team,

I was curious about why we went for a JOIN here rather than just using the meter table initially? https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/ceilometer/storage/impl_sqlalchemy.py#L336-L391. Doug had mentioned that some performance testing had gone on with some of these queries, so before writing up requests to change this to the meter table only, I wanted to see if this was a result of that performance testing? Like the JOIN was less expensive than a DISTINCT.

Cheers!

-Thomas