[openstack-dev] Flakiness with launchpad tracking bug status?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Aug 11 02:30:41 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-10 21:04:01 -0500 (-0500), Matt Riedemann wrote:
[...]
> the hyper-v one of mine was before those changes went into effect,
> I think - it was merged back on 7/9).
[...]

It's entirely possible the hyper-v change you mention fell victim to
a temporary network connectivity or API authentication failure
between Gerrit and Launchpad.

> Anyway, I'll keep a look out for the new tag in commit messages
> when doing reviews.  Does this mean we should be giving a -1 if
> the tag doesn't apply to the new patterns?

Personally I'd just keep an eye out for them and encourage
contributors to manually set their bugs to fix-committed once their
changes merge rather that hassling with amending commit messages and
further delaying reviews in the process. The bug update hook in
Gerrit does not work 100% of the time, so manual intervention is
still sometimes necessary anyway.
--
Jeremy Stanley