[openstack-dev] [Savanna] Oozie+Hive

Nadezhda Privalova nprivalova at mirantis.com
Fri Aug 9 10:11:26 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

We have some concerns about Oozie+Hive workflow.
Should we install Hive as a separate service to make it work with Oozie? If
it if the case why we *should* have hive-jars in Oozie's share lib in HDFS?
Should the version of separate-installed Hive be equal to hive-jars from
Oozie's share lib?
If Hive is not installed separetelly should we run metastore server
manually?
Looks like it is obvious for all who use Hive with Oozie because I didn't
find anything about it. Please share the knowledge with us.

Thanks,
Nadya