[openstack-dev] Motion to start using Gerrit for TC votes

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Aug 9 02:44:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-07 13:45:56 -0700 (-0700), James E. Blair wrote:
> Actually, having a record outside of Gerrit doesn't require
> cherry-pick mode.
[...]

Ah! Thanks. For some reason I'd gotten it into my head that git
notes altered the commit itself, but that's quite clearly not the
case.

> So given that, I'd just as soon it continue to use the same merge
> strategy as the rest of the projects to avoid complicating tooling
> and process.

I couldn't agree more--definitely another point in favor of
leveraging our typical Gerrit project configuration to preserve the
voting record for TC measures.
--
Jeremy Stanley