[openstack-dev] Motion to start using Gerrit for TC votes

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Wed Aug 7 20:45:56 UTC 2013

Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> writes:

> On 2013-08-07 09:35:33 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
> [...]
>> Would it make sense to have a copy of the votes at the end of that RST
>> file (or somewhere in that commit) ? This will replicate vote results
>> to our repo instead of just keeping them in Gerrit - in case the later
>> goes down.
> [...]
>
> This might actually be a good case for making that project operate
> in cherry-pick mode. For an example, look at the git notes on an
> openstack-infra/config change...
>
>     https://github.com/openstack-infra/config/commit/4f8ed2c

Actually, having a record outside of Gerrit doesn't require cherry-pick
mode.  In all of our current repositories, the review/voting history is
recorded in a Git note, which is even propagated to our mirrors.  See
the bottom of this page for an example:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/ee4eb9b10f4bb4fbb7a13798d27e4bed4af5ebc0

So given that, I'd just as soon it continue to use the same merge
strategy as the rest of the projects to avoid complicating tooling and
process.

-Jim