[openstack-dev] Osl and dangerous code merging

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Aug 8 10:39:44 UTC 2013

What do you mean by "dangerous code merging" in the subject? The body of
your mail doesn't make any reference to whatever "danger" you're seeing.

On Thu, 2013-08-08 at 14:16 +0400, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could somebody answer me, why we are merging oslo code in other projects
> and don't use
> git submodules (http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Submodules)

The idea of using submodules has come a few times. I don't have a
fundamental objection to it, except any time I've seen submodules used
in a project they've been extremely painful for everyone involved.

I'd be happy to look at a demo of a submodule based system for projects
to use code from oslo-incubator.

Mark.