[openstack-dev] Validating Flavor IDs

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Wed Aug 7 02:51:09 UTC 2013

It seems like this is a bug in python-novaclient. I believe the recent
change to enforce that flavor ids are either int-like or uuid-like may have
been made in error. At minimum, I believe it is backwards-incompatible,
despite being part of a minor point release (changed from 2.13 to 2.14).

See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29086/ for the review where this
behavior was changed.

See also https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1209060