[openstack-dev] nova.conf configurable compression level for images

Teran McKinney teran.mckinney at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Aug 7 02:30:35 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

I was hoping I could have some approval and feedback for both my blueprint and code submission to Openstack. I have code for setting compression level for XenAPI. This taps into the create_tarball hook and sets the GZIP environment variable as set by nova.conf on compute. I believe the code should work, but I'm struggling a bit with test cases.

Appreciate any help or feedback you can give me.

Blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/image-compression-mode
Code review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/31898/

Thanks,
Teran